Welcome to the comm!
We decided, after about two minutes of discussion, to start a comm specifically for fanmixes. Although there are comms in the general fandom for graphics, vids, fic and discussion, we felt we were sadly lacking in a community specifically for the sharing of fanmixes. We love and adore fanmix , but we wanted one just for Whodom.
And we know there are lots of fanmixes out there that need homes!
So please share your ‘mixes about/inspired by ‘Doctor Who’, ‘Torchwood’ and ‘The Sarah Jane Adventures’. Any characters, any pairings, all are welcomed.
There are a couple of rules. Boring, I know, but please take heed. Your mods will appreciate you all the more. Some of these have been copied/stolen from fanmix , so some of you will recognise them. It keeps things simple!
Please use the following format as much as possible to keep the comm tidy. We’re not going to jump on minor variations, but all this information should be included in your posts:
Link/Cut (either post under a cut here, or to your own journal)
2. Subject line
Please use Subject – Title in your subject line.
- Jack Harkness – Die Another Day
- Donna Noble – The Rueful Fate of Donna Noble
- Doctor/Rose – Doomsday
Get it? Good. Again, it helps keep the comm tidy.
You all know how to use them, and if you don’t Livejournal has a lovely FAQ. Please use them!! We cannot stress this enough. Tags are the single most important way to find mixes in this community. If you’re not sure how to tag something, please use the ‘tag!me’ tag, and a mod will sort it out for you.
General rules for tags are:
- For a single-character mix, use the character’s full name (e.g. Susan Foreman, Jo Grant, Rose Tyler, Clyde Langer), unless the character is only known by one name (e.g. Romana, Nyssa, Ace).
- For a pairing mix, use first names only (e.g. Ian/Barbara, Jack/Rose, Tosh/Owen).
- For a Doctor mix, please specify Doctor (e.g. First Doctor, Second Doctor, etc).
Again, if you’re unsure of the right tag, use the ‘tag!me’ tag and a mod will be along shortly to help you.
- Please include cover art of some description – at its simplest, all it has to be is a picture with some text over it.
- Please upload all the music for your mix, either as individual songs or as a zip file. There are many public hosting sites that will not charge you for this.
- Please do not use M4Ps, these are protected files and nobody else will be able to play them!
- Mixes with under 8 tracks should be labelled ‘EP’.
- Please include a plain-text track listing somewhere - not just on artwork!
No bashing of any sort is allowed in this comm. That means no anti-character or anti-pairing mixes, no commenting that ‘that pairing sucks’, no bashing of other members. If we see this happening, your post/comment will be deleted and you will be on a warning. This should go without saying, but from general experience it’s worth saying it upfront.
Any questions, please drop us a line. We’re not scary, just a little insane :D
Have fun and enjoy!